Monday, January 18, 2010

The night before....


Mmmmmm, yummy! No "actual" food the entire day before surgery. Only clear liquids. Here's I am  enjoying his green Jell-O. Nothing but tea, (really GOOD tea), broth and jello....
I have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 5:30. This means I will have to wake up at 4am!!!! The last time I saw 4am it was because I stayed up that late that night, not woke up that early... Not tonight, I am trying to get to sleep by 10pm...

I am more eager than anxious about the surgery. I trust Dr. H., God and the power of prayer and gift of love. Thanks to everyone praying for me during the surgery tomorrow. The surgery is scheduled to get under way at 8am and should last 4-6 hours. I'll post from the hospital as soon as we hear from Dr. H after the surgery is complete.
Tomorrow afternoon I'll be cancer free and will begin the process of recovery!

2 comments:

  1. GREEN jello? Seriously, dude, just about any color but green....that's old people food. And school cafeteria food. Blech. I hope you had something really good yesterday to make up for it, 'cause it's gonna be a bit before you feel like tackling the beer and bar-b-que again!

    I'll be thinking those happy thoughts for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update - you will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow....get some rest and be nice to the nurses. :)

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete