Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day #4 A.S.



Good Evening, it's Saturday night and I am having a much better day today.  They have been giving me some nausea medication which seems to be working.  My system is having a little success "getting going".  The BEST news: Dr. H came in yesterday evening with the results of all the pathology from surgery.  The removed bladder had totally cancer free margins, no cancer cells were found in the prostate or the lymph nodes.  Yeah! The cancer is GONE!  Now, I just needs to heal.  

I'm working on ingesting some clear liquids, he worked on about a 1/2 cup of red Jell-o for about 6 hours today...  I did'nt get to much down, but... it didn't come back up either!  Dr. Woodruff came in and showed me flush the neobladder when he gets home, very interesting and amazing what this surgery entails, small challenges for the next few weeks for the promise of a normal life from then on...

I went on a walk tonight with a nice assistant who took my picture.  I walked all the way around the nurses station and back to my room.  I am so sorry to be missing my cousin Misty's wedding tonight.  My thoughts are with Dana and Tom and all his family tonight and I wish I could give the bride a hug.  But, I am looking forward to seeing the pictures and the fabulous movie he is sure Dana will create. 

Notes from Doug - I'm aware that a few of you came by to see me on some of my "rough days" and I apologize for being out of sorts and unable to enjoy your visit, but the fact that you came means a lot, thank you!

1 comment: