Monday, January 11, 2010

CT Scan of lungs and full-body bone scan and Pre-Admission

Top picture: This is not the Shroud of Turin... just my bones
Middle picture: Entering the Gamma Ray bone scanner  
Bottom picture: In the CT scanner for pictures of my lungs I was at KU Med Center bright and early - 7:00am.
First stop: Radiology. An IV stint was put in my left hand. I was injected with gamma fluid that enables the bone scan to identify possible cancer in the bone. It takes 3 hours for this gamma fluid to take effect, so I was on to other stops...  
Second stop: CT scan. This is precautionary -- to make sure my lungs are cancer-free. Was done in about 10 minutes. Results to be given to me later today or tomorrow.  
Third stop: Pre-admission. I filled out all of the paper work and forms for the surgery. I was given a living will that Stacie and I will complete together. Blood work drawn and vital signs taken. Blood pressure is 122/79. Good. I had a couple of hours to kill. Cafeteria. I think I'll take Stacie here for our anniversary dinner! :)
Fourth stop: Back to radiology for the bone scan. Took 20 minutes. Had to lie on a narrow table and hold still. Took a short cat-nap. Got to see images of my bones right away but won't know results until tomorrow. Surgery is on track for Tuesday morning, January 19, 2010. Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers and support. This is all going to be fine....

No comments:

Post a Comment