Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Everything" works! or "Doug got his groove back"!

Prior to surgery, I had only one other hope that surpassed the goal of total cancer removal. My close-second goal was to be able to function in every way I did before the surgery...


Dr. Holzbeierlein paid particular attention to nerve-sparring techniques during my surgery and his skills have saved vital nerves that provide sensation and ability. Whew!
I was told that it may take up to six weeks (or longer) for all functionality to return, but to date, it has been 4 weeks since the surgery.  I'm obviously happy. 


So, if you're a man who has been told you have to undergo this procedure, don't fret too much about performance. Chances are good it will return. Before my surgery, I spoke with 5 guys who had neobladder surgery. All but one had full functionality back - although none within 4 weeks.

Day-time control is normal and night-time control continues to improve.

More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment